Start a WordPress Blog to make money online
Do you want to start a WordPress blog to make money online? How much money can you make from a WordPress blog? Maybe set one up yourself and get a piece of the action? This post will teach you all you need to know on how to start a WordPress blog to make money online. We will start by showing you how to start a WordPress blog from scratch, then go over the top proven ways to make money with it. In terms of how much you can earn, this can vary. Some of the top bloggers earn 7 figures a year, others it can be £100 a day or less. It all depends how much effort you put into it.
How to start a WordPress blog to make money online
Learning how to start a WordPress blog to make money online is actually a lot more simpler than you think. All you need to do is set up a domain name, hosting, install WordPress, install a theme and start posting. This probably sounds easier said than done, so I have created a completely free video tutorial below. This includes:
- Setting up a perfect domain name
- Setting up cheap hosting
- Installing WordPress
- Installing important security certificates
- Personalised email
- Full design of the blog
- How to post
- Connecting social media
- Contact forms
How to make money with your blog
You have now learnt how to start a WordPress blog to make money online, now let’s actually look at the methods of making money. These are the most common and profitable ways to earn online.
Affiliate marketing is the most profitable way when you start a WordPress blog to make money online. This is the method whereby you get paid a commission for recommending a service or product to someone. The process is as follows:
- Sign up to an affiliate platform such as: Clickbank, Shareasale, Awin
- Select some companies and select the products you want to sell
- You will be given a unique link
- Write a review on your blog and add the link
- You earn a commission for every person that clicks on the link and makes a purchase
Each platform is different in terms of commission levels, pay out terms etc.
Add Google Adsense adverts
Add advertisements and banners to your blog. To note, it is the most common method that bloggers use when they start a WordPress blog to make money online. However, you only receive £1 per 1,000 impressions (amount of times it appears) and maybe around 50p when someone clicks on it. It is an easy way to earn money as you don’t have to do anything. You won’t earn much at that the start, however as your following grows your earnings will grow. This is how you do it:
- Sign up to Google Adsense
- Fill out your details
- select which size banner you want and copy and paste the code on your blog
- That’s it. You should get paid every time you earn £100 or more(At this point in time)
Sell ad space
As you don’t earn a large amount with Google ads, you can decide to sell ad space directly to companies. However, you will need to have been blogging a while so that you have a big following of readers. Companies will not pay for ad space if no one is going to see it. You can do this by:
- Create a page for ‘sponsored ads’. Potential companies can view your terms and conditions, price etc
- Add ‘place your ad here’ in certain areas so that companies can see that they can rent space
- You can approach potential companies, however you need to show your following statistics.
Get paid to write reviews
This is similar to ad space whereby you are paid by companies to advertise. It is a great option as you can write about all of the benefits of the product. You may even get some free samples. Again, you will need a good following of readers so that companies will be interested. Especially in the early stages, it will be best to approach companies within your industry.